Sunday, April 20, 2014

Top 5 lip products for spring

Hello there!

Week three of #lippymonth is here and it's all about the lippy I've been sporting A LOT so far this spring. For some reason, I've been really into glosses and lip products that give that juicy look, which is strange for me as I am a total matte lipstick lover. Maybe it's the weather or maybe it's the fact that some totally amazing products have been coming out lately, I don't know! Anyway, here are my top 5 lip products for spring:


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
After all the hype that came with the Lip Butters when they first arrived, I made sure to get my hands on this shade along with Candy Apple. I wasn't impressed back then, thinking they were way too buttery and they seemed to melt off my lips and onto my chin (it wasn't pretty). So, I put them away and didn't touch them again until February when I was itching for a light spring touch. I feel like they had a makeover or something because these are not the same Lip Butters I had a year ago! They glide on so smoothly and are so hydrating and pigmented. I've been reaching for Tutti Frutti the most because of its orangey hue (orange is VERY on trend for SS14) and I either apply it directly for a juicy look or dab it on with my finger to give it more of a stain-like appearance.


Okay I am OBSESSED with this product, in case you didn't already know (I did a separate post about the Elixirs featuring this color here). I literally wore Vision in Violet every day for a week and I couldn't stop applying it/looking at it/patting myself on the back for buying it. This is another product that gives your lips that juicy look because it's a gloss, but it has so much color payoff, you'd think it was a lipstick. It can seem intimidating at first because it looks quite purple right out of the bottle, but when blended, it transforms and appears more magenta/hot pink. Seriously, with this drugstore price, the amazing quality and the flattering color, everybody needs to go out and buy this. I promise it's a trend you won't regret!


MAC Lady Danger lipstick
I received this lipstick in my British Fashion Awards gift bag and I was SO excited. I definitely thought it was more orange than it is, but I think it's the perfect combo of red and orange. This shade isn't for the faint of heart though as it is really pigmented and completely matte, and that's why I love it. Every time I want a bold lip, I reach for this because it is equal parts sassy and classy. I honestly get complimented on this one all the time. The bold color also encourages me to pair it with tons of mascara and nothing else on the eyes. I also wear some of Benefit's Benetint on the cheeks to give them more of a naturally flushed color. However, this also goes so well with a black winged liner, so it's quite a versatile shade.

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready
I received this as a sample size in my first Ipsy Glam Bag in March and I fell in love. My best friend wears a really flattering and subtle lipstick that is very "her lips but better" with a touch of pink and I absolutely needed it. For some reason I've never asked her what it is, but this shade hits the nail on the head and does just that for me. I don't wear actual nude lippy because they aren't flattering with my skin tone, so anything that's "my lips but better" is as close as I go. I have been obsessed with rose everything lately, including lip products, especially the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose and Get Ready is another rosy and hydrating product, only less shiny and healing than Rose. What I like most is that it isn't matte or shiny, helping it blend in and seem more natural. This lip product hasn't left my handbag since I received it and I've already ordered a full size of this online because it is running low and I simply can't live without it!

Revlon Colorburst Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey with Maybelline Color Elixir in Mauve Mystique on top
So I kind of cheated and threw in an extra product, but I can't wear these two separately so I think this counts as one. The Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are another product I ran out to buy when they first came out and these did not disappoint! Seriously guys, these products are the real deal. The color payoff is amazing, they glide on like a dream and they stay on for hours. I always wear one of these when I go out for a meal or drinks with friends because I know they'll last and *usually* don't fade awkwardly. You know my feelings about the elixirs, so all I have to say about this one is how pleasantly surprised I was by Mauve Mystique! Honey and Mauve Mystique are also "my lips but better," but they fall on the purple/mauve side, which is actually closer to my natural lip shade, so totally perf. I pair these two together because I'm obsessed with both products and because they pack more of a punch when layered. Again, I'm a total bold lip girl so since these look too much like my natural lips, I try to amp them up by doubling the color and adding the shine from the gloss. Also, I just purchased the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and this combo flatters EVERY SINGLE SHADE in the palette, so they're made for each other, just saying.
SWATCHED! From L to R: Revlon Colorstay Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, Maybelline Color Elixir in Vision in Violet, MAC in Lady Danger, bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Get Ready, Revlon Colorstay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey and Maybelline Color Elixir in Mauve Mystique 

Now, I'm not saying you need all of these lip products in your life, but I mean they do pretty much cover all bases when it comes to price, quality and color range so take that as you will!

Cheers,

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment