Thursday, April 3, 2014

Brand Focus: Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color Lipsticks Review



From left to right: 24 Carrot Gold, Cherry Bomb, Don't Blink Pink, Purty Persimmon and Ravin' Raisin

Hello lovelies! We have dubbed April lippy month! Check back every week for a new post on lip products, all geared toward spring! Here is our first post from C:

I recently went lipstick crazy while Sabrina and Kat were visiting me, probably because Sabrina is a lipstick addict. We went to Five Below, something similar to a dollar store where nothing exceeds a five dollar price tag, and we found the makeup aisle and went HAM! I was not planning on purchasing anything until I saw the Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color lipsticks and their low price. I had been on the prowl for a dark lipstick and a hot pink lipstick (I was in search for a dupe of MAC Candy Yum Yum....I later gave in and bought it the next day!) with a small price tag since I only wear lipstick for special occasions. After a hard decision and Sabrina telling me to just buy them all I decided to just buy five; two orange shades, two dark shades and one pink shade. 

Happy with my purchases, we rushed back to my house to try them out. My expectations were kinda high because I know NYC Color's lipsticks, a similar priced product, have a moisturizing application and are pretty decent. When I applied the first Wet n Wild it was hard to apply so I decided to put some chapstick for added moisture and it made the application much easier. Once I had finished applying I was extremely happy with the results because it was the exact color I was looking for! Overall, if you are looking to test out a color out of your comfort zone or something trendy that you aren't fully ready to commit to, I would definitely recommend the Wet n Wild Lipsticks!










Top Row L to R: Cherry Bomb, 24 Carrot Gold (it's lighter in person), Don't Blink Pink
Bottom Row L to R: Ravin' Raisin, MAC Lady Danger (swatched for comparison purposes), Purty Persimmon 



No comments:

Post a Comment