Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review | NUXE Rêve De Miel


If you've done your rounds within the beauty blogosphere (oh, technical terms), you will know the popularity of the NUXE Rêve de Miel lip balm. After doing research and hearing EssieButton (shock horror) sing its praises for well over a year now, I decided to splurge and give it a go. I bought my Rêve de Miel from Birchbox about two months ago when I redeemed my points for the Balm's How 'Bout Them Apples Lip and Cheek Creme. Obviously I had high expectations and even higher hopes as my lips have been suffering from severe dehydration. Initially, saying I was disappointed is an understatement as I wore the lip balm week after week every night before bed, expecting to wake up with the perfect pout when I just woke up with what appeared to be the same lip situation as before. Not one to let a $20 lip balm go to waste, I continued to use it with the intention of finishing the tub of product.



Mid-June, Cristina and Kat came to stay with me for the week of my brother's graduation and because we are cousins, I didn't mind sharing the lip balm with them. After their first application, they loved it. They couldn't stop raving about how nice it felt on their lips and they kept asking me questions about it and where to find it. They used it every night they were here. The following week I went to visit some friends in Colorado and made the mistake of forgetting my lip balm on my nightstand. After travelling nine hours and spending a night without it, I was able to immediately tell a difference in the the texture of my lips. The high altitude and running around without drinking as much water as I usually did aided the overall dehydration of my lips for the five days I was in Colorado. I couldn't believe how much I missed my NUXE Rêve de Miel and how much of a positive difference the balm had made to my lips. Needless to say, I slathered a heaping amount to my lips the second I arrived at home and boy were they relieved!


I am a total convert after experiencing life without NUXE Rêve de Miel and I can't go a day without the stuff, which I think is the biggest indicator of its abilities and results. I definitely understand a lot more of the hype surrounding the product although I still have a few reservations. The best lip balm I've ever used is the clear Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, which has a different texture from the NUXE Rêve de Miel. NUXE is really heavy, so you don't need a lot. Keeping something that thick on overnight just feels weird and really heavy, but I am getting used to it the more I use it. Overall, I have noticed a huge improvement in my lips as all of my lip products glide on smoothly and stay well when I've used the NUXE Rêve de Miel. I plan on purchasing the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment once I'm out of this balm, but I'm almost certain I'll have this in my rotation as well.

Have you tried the NUXE Rêve de Miel? Let me know how you feel about it and if you haven't tried it, are you interested in adding it to your lip products?

Cheers!

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment