Monday, June 16, 2014

Top 5 summer lippies

Left to right: Topshop Infrared, Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 109, Revlon ColorBurst Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine, Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rosé and Tanya Burr Cosmetics in Aurora and Vampire Kiss
Summer is in full swing and for me, the most exciting bit of this hot weather is altering my makeup routine. I'm not one to limit certain shades and finishes to specific seasons, but I do tend to reach for the brighter shades and a lot more pastels in the spring and summer. That being said, I've been reaching for the following lippies quite a bit so I think it only right to share my top five lippies for summer! *Fair warning - I attempted to be a little more creative at the end and not just post the standard pictures here and I'm not quite sure I love how they turned out, as in they're quite weird. A little weird. Maybe just different.*


SWATCHED! Bottom to top: Topshop Infrared, Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 109, Revlon ColorBurst Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine, Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rosé and Tanya Burr Cosmetics in Aurora and Vampire Kiss. Nail polish is OPI Tickle My France-y
Topshop Infrared
I bought this lipstick in May after lusting over it for a year and half and I am loving it so much! Although I only own two, the Topshop lipsticks have been so good to me thusfar. Their formula is easy to apply, blend and wear and the packaging is so chic and cute! This shade of orange is bold without being scary and although the site description lists it as an orange red, I see it as a true orange. My favourite shade of lipstick is orange, so it isn't scary for me to wear, but I think it might frighten some people because of how bold it can be. If you can get past the bold colour, chuck this in your handbag and wear it all summer because orange lippies are so in this season and they are so much fun to wear!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 109
Oh man. I have been waiting to crack this baby out since last summer! Every time I tried using it during the autumn or winter, it just didn't feel right and I bought so many new lippies during the spring so I couldn't really give this one the attention it deserves. I would describe this colour as a peachy coral with some pink undertones. It falls along my favourite (you guessed it) "my lips but better" colour categories. I mean, this is the actual colour I wish my lips were. There's something about it that just lifts your complexion and pulls your whole look together. When I've worn this in photographs, I think it really pops in such a subtle way (here I am wearing it in my Twitter avatar, which I find hilarious and ironic https://twitter.com/snunez_27). I can't say enough about this other than I just love it so much. The formula is matte so some balm really helps here and if you haven't tried Kate Moss for Rimmel yet, you're missing out because the range is perf!

All of the shades I own from this range will be worn A LOT this summer/year round/forever so who are we trying to kid here? I did force myself to choose just one and I went for the boldest of the bunch with Sweetheart Valentine. By just looking at the product itself, it appears as though it will apply as a magenta, but I didn't expect how vibrant it would be! This is borderline neon pink and that is more than fine with me. I think this shade does such a good job of brightening my complexion and I love wearing it with a simple outfit and simple makeup. I think it also looks so good when my hair's up or out of my face because it really does all the talking for you. I love these Revlon lip crayons because they stain and last through drinks and food, so I don't worry about them too much and they just glide on so nicely. I'm not much of a neon person but the occasional lip product or nail polish comes along and changes everything. Absolute stunner here.

Fresh Sugar Lip in Rosé
Oh my gosh this has to be one of my holy grail lip products. From the colour to the nourishment to the packaging, this is literally perfect. I'm a huge fan of the Fresh Sugar Lip range, specifically the clear balm which does so much good for my lips. Okay can we take a moment of silence to appreciate the beautiful packaging?? Unscrewing the lid and feeling the packaging are just so satisfying for some reason! It looks so pretty and luxurious when I whip it out of my bag or have it in my lipstick display. This shade along with Berry are my two favourites because they actually embody their colour names without being overbearing. Rosé gives my lips the loveliest flush of pinky red that ingests them with so much life and it just makes them look so healthy and natural. I love wearing this at work becuase I know I won't have to worry about it and it's also healing my lips! Oh, and it has SPF 15. I know, crazy stuff. This hasn't left my handbag since purchasing it - and for good reason!

Tanya Burr Cosmetics lip glosses in Vampire Kiss and Aurora
Okay, I cheated again and actually chose *six* lip products instead of five, but did you honestly think I could hold back? I LOVE these two lip glosses and I am definitely not a lip gloss girl. I have recently been venturing further into the lip gloss world, but I don't think the Maybelline Color Elixirs really count as a true gloss. This on the other hand is in fact a true lip gloss and leave it to Tanya Burr to make something that checks all the boxes and could quite possibly turn me into a lipgloss gal. I love the simple and sleek packaging of these products, as well as Tanya's cute signature on the outside. The applicator is so perfect for my lips, dispensing a lot of product while also holding back depending on which angle/side of the brush is being used. The formula itself is a dream as it glides on smoothly and after a couple seconds of allowing it to settle, the stickiness wears off and just leaves my lips looking juicy and inviting (ooer). AND THESE SHADES ARE PERFECT! Tanya said she spent a lot of time getting the shades just right, specifically with Vampire Kiss, and I really applaud her for sticking to her guns and getting it perfect because this red is as true as they come and Aurora is exactly what I would expect one of my favourite Disney Princess's lips to look like IRL. The only thing I dislike is the scent which smells like those glosses you buy when you're like 12 and just getting into makeup. It smells like fruity cotton candy, but that isn't enough to keep me away and it does fade after about half an hour. I'm so proud of Tanya for doing this and I think she should be really pleased! These glosses last so long and they always receive compliments when I wear them. Deffo buying more/all of them!

Which lippies are you loving and reaching for during this summer? Any of these? Interested in trying any? Let me know because as a lip product hoarder, I am always looking to grow my collection.

Cheers!

- S

SWATCHED! Left to right: Topshop Infrared, Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 109, Revlon ColorBurst Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine, Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rosé and Tanya Burr Cosmetics in Aurora and Vampire Kiss


On the lips left to right, from top to bottom: Topshop Infrared, Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 109, Revlon ColorBurst Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine, Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rosé and Tanya Burr Cosmetics in Aurora and Vampire Kiss

2 comments:

  1. I'm in LOVE with your swatch game. You did a great job on this post! I love transitioning my makeup as well, I actually just did a spring to summer makeup swaps post on my blog today! <3 Anyways, I'm in love with this post, you did it immaculately. Props <3
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! Thanks so much! Really do appreciate the blog love here. Thanks for checking us out :)

      Delete