Monday, December 8, 2014

#ManiMonday | Festive Nails #2



Today's post is another subtle approach to festive nails that would work during any time of year. Metallic finishes are quite a popular nail polish trend at the moment, so I've selected a gold shade and given it some interest with white polka dots.




I started off the look by painting two coats of Wet n Wild's Craze nail polish in the shade shield. It's your typical metallic gold that nearly every brand makes. My OPI Glitzerland is nearly identical, so I like to switch between the two. At only $1.99, this shade is such a bargain! It's color payoff and durability is quite similar to Glitzerland so if you can get your hands on it, I suggest you do.


Next, I took a white polish - OPI's Alpine Snow - and poured a small amount onto a piece of construction paper (any excess can be put back into the bottle afterwards). I then grabbed a straight pin with a ball at the end from my mother's sewing kit and dipped it into the polish. I then appied it to my nails and repeated the process until I felt satisfied with the look. I used the straight pin because it's a neater and easier way to make polka dots. I hadn't tried this method before and I was worried I would mess up because I don't have the most stable or dexterous hands but it was literally SO easy! I got so excited I probably added a few more dots than I need to, but whatever it was fun! The best part is that they don't come out thickly if you just plop the polish on, so they dry quickly!


Of course, you can change the color combos and finishes of the nail polish. An interesting alternative would be Butter London's Wallis as it is green with strong hints of gold and black. Another good idea would be a white base with metallic gold dots. The possibilities are endless! I really love this look and hope you do too! Hope you've enjoyed this post and if you recreate the look, send me a picture on Twitter @snunez_27 or Instagram @interestina.

Cheers!

- Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment