Friday, January 24, 2014

Bourjois bronzers review


Before I get into the review I would like to state that I've never owned or used a real bronzer before. My makeshift bronzer was a darker face powder I had and this worked okay but it would give my face an orange tint which was not cute. Now to present time, literally days before Sabrina came back home from London, I asked her if I could order a few things online from Boots. She gave me the okay and I was off looking for all the beauty products the British YouTubers rave about. Two products that I was interested in but not fully committed to were the Bourjois bronzers. After much consideration, I decided to buy them since I didn't own any bronzers and why not start my collection with ones that apparently smell delicious.

Bourjois Bronzing Primer:

Color: Universal
My first impression of the bronzing primer was that it smells like chocolate and cocoa butter and that it didn't look very nice because it lost shape while traveling (well, that's what i'm assuming). The texture of the bronzer is like soft thick cream and when applied, it glides onto your face and it feels very moisturizing. When I apply it with my fingers it comes out thick, then I blend it out with my fingers or a stipple brush (I don't have many brushes thus my brush choice) and then blend it out. It does such a great job for contouring my cheekbones in that it gives me a defined line. It also gives a natural bronzed look, which impressed me since I was expecting it to give me an over dramatic bronzed look. With that in mind, if you want a little more definition or color you can take the next step and add the Bourjois Bronzing Powder.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder:

Color: 52
For this product you can either apply it by itself or apply it after the bronzing primer. When you apply it with the primer it just enhances the definition, however be careful not to apply too much. Though if you do get quite heavy-handed, you can blend it out as much as possible with your foundation brush. If you want to go the bronzing powder alone route, then apply some bronzer to your desired brush and apply. The bronzing ranges from light to dark, depending on how much you build the powder. A plus with this product is when you build the product it also refrains from making an orange tint, it continues to be the brown color a good bronzer should be. It also smells like chocolate and cocoa butter, just like the bronzing primer. Yum!

My overall thoughts on the two products are that they are really good quality, they are great for first time bronzer users and they are pleasant to have on because of their smell. The prices fit the quality and I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who can get their hands on it. Hope this review helped you out!

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment