Monday, January 27, 2014

London Haul: Part 1

Hello! While I was in London, I couldn't resist picking up a few products I had been hearing about for some time, but had been unable to get my hands on since most of them were only available in the UK. Cristina asked me to make a few cheeky purchases for her literally four days before I left, so I made some recommendations and she placed her order! Here is the first part of our London Haul.



Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Shade: Soft Beige

After all the beauty blogger love surrounding this foundation, I was most looking forward to purchasing and using this product. My first impression was that the illuminating factors were very prominent. The foundation went on smoothly and it was quite light-medium coverage. I loved it for all of five days before I noticed it started to break me out. I continued to use it until I realized the illuminating factor highlighted every flaw and blemish. It’s great for skin that is clear and perhaps on the drier side, but for oily or problematic skin, I would suggest steering clear. It does well at brightening dull skin, so it’s a great option if used every once in a while and for occasions when you are trying to achieve that bright, glowy look.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
Shade: Beige clair

After the disappointment from Rimmel’s Wake Me Up Foundation, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best from Bourjois and I was not disappointed! The foundation was good for my skin as it was more medium-full coverage, which I needed after the Rimmel break outs, and it was so smooth. Healthy Mix also boasts a brightening factor and while it is less subtle than Wake Me Up, it is definitely noticeable. The packaging is so nice for a drugstore product and I especially love the pump. The only problem I had with this product was purchasing it in a dark shade that fit my skin tone at the time, but the more time I spent in London, the lighter my skin became, so I either had to blend it really well or mix it with a lighter foundation.


Soap and Glory Lid Stuff
Off the Wall Flowers: Sugar Violet, Minky, Wild Blue, Dandy Plum

I purchased this palette because I needed some purple eye shadows to compliment my brown eyes and this was on special. The palette has three shimmery shades – Minky, Wild Blue and Dandy Plum – and one matte shade – Sugar Violet. I typically wear the Sugar Violet all over my lid with Minky in the inner corners and Dandy Plum in the crease. I do not anticipate using Wild Blue, but it is a pretty color. This palette is so nice because it’s a step out of my usual pinks, nudes and browns. Minky is my favorite because it’s such a good balance of gold and champagne, and coupled with the purple shadows, the three work really nicely together.

Mac False Lashes Mascara
False Black

I have never had much interest in a MAC mascara as I have always found really great cheaper alternatives but when I received this mascara in my gift bag at the British Fashion Awards, I was excited to see what MAC had to offer. Sadly, I have yet to feel any excitement since my first application. I'm not sure why, but this mascara burns my eyes, causing them to water and ruin all of my makeup as tears fall down my face. Aside from that, my lashes look great for all of two minutes before they start to fall straight and decide to clump together. There is absolutely no hint of volume or length with this mascara, so I am really disappointed. All I can say is I'm glad it was free and I didn't drop £20+ on it.

Maybelline Color Tattoo
Pomegranate Punk

I can't express how much I love this eye shadow! This is literally such an easy product to apply and it does so much at the drugstore price! Why doesn't this come in more shades? Probs because I would be broke and a color tattoo hoarder. Honestly though, this is a great product in that it yields amazing results that look like you really took your time to get the contoured and blended effect when all you actually did is swipe it on your eye and swirl it around. It's so easy to clean up and soften and the intensity of the color blends the more you apply it. I had been stalking the Boots on High Street Kensington for two two months before I finally found it in stock and unopened and it was totally worth the wait. Not only is the product swoon-worthy but the color! Omg best purple/pink I could ever hope to find.

Maybelline Color Tattoo
Inked in Pink
When Sabrina came back to London she told me about the Color Tattoo that she got over there so we went to Target and I got Inked in Pink since Pomegranate Punk was not in stock. When we got back from Target, I tried it on and immediately fell in love with the color, which is a nice soft pink with a hint of silver. When I applied to my whole lid I noticed that it looked like I had spent hours contouring my eye shadow but obviously I didn't apply anything else but the single product. I recommend this product to anyone who wants their eye shadow to look extravagant but without taking a long time to do so. All you have to do is apply and you are done.

Maybelline Mega Plush
Very Black

Sabrina had first got this product while in London and when she came back she recommended it to me. I got the product and was a little skeptical because of the flexible wand, I thought it would not give me the large amount of mascara I like. When I first applied it was a lot different than applying my normal mascara that had a stable wand, so I got a lot of mascara on my eyelids. Looking past the mess on my eyelids I was very impressed with the mascara. It gave me longer and volumized lashes and after much practice, I finally got used to applying the product with the flexible brush. I would recommend this product because of its great powers on making your lashes look amazing, but with warning if you are used to a stable brush.
Collection 2000 Super Size
Black 1

This product I received for free because I spent a certain amount of pounds in Collection 2000 products. My thoughts on the mascara are that it does a good job for an everyday eyelash look where you can make it look natural or build it up but not over do it. I think it has the same quality as my favorite everyday mascara Maybelline Great Lash Big, therefore I'll be using it after my Maybelline one runs out. Overall if you are just starting and want a basic mascara Collection 2000 Super Size is for you.
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Shade: 230 Very Fair/Light

While in London one of Sabrina's first drug store makeup purchases was this concealer because all of the British YouTubers raved about how it was a good concealer and it really "woke up the skin." So Sabrina tried out this product first and said she had liked it for under her eyes, but not for her blemishes because the light shimmer in the product brought attention to them. With this in mind, I decided to try it out also but only for beneath my eyes. When I first applied it and blended it in my first thoughts of the product were that it was very moisturizing and very blendable. Once everything was blended in, I immediately noticed a difference in my under eyes and I looked more awake. Therefore, if you need a good under eye concealer, Rimmel Wake Me Up should be your next purchase!

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
Shade: Medium 3
One of the products that I knew I needed to purchase online from Boots was this concealer. I can't think of one British YouTuber that does not love this product so I bought two of them to hopefully last until I find someone else to get me more of the product. Once Sabrina came back from London I immediately got the product and opened it up to see what I had been missing out on. As I put on the concealer I thought it was a bit drier than my foundation I use to conceal my blemishes, thus meaning you have to really work the product into your skin. After I blended it in, I looked into the mirror to see the beautiful work of the concealer, The product made my blemishes and dark spots disappear. Now I don't use my foundation as a concealer and I apply a moisturizer onto my face then I apply the concealer where it needs to be applied, making the application a lot easier. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who can get their hand on it as it is my number one concealer.

Thanks!

- C + S


Be Sure to Watch Part 1 of the London Haul right here!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11762603/?claim=hj9wggvfatc">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment