Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer FOTD

I'm not usually one to have an everyday makeup look as I try to make good use of all my eyeshadow and lip options. Now that I'm in London, I'm so inspired every day to branch out more and wear a purple smokey eye or bright orange lip, and I do just that. However most days, I reach for the same neutrals and I love the very natural, light and summery feel I get, especially because it works well with the environment at my internship. Most of the time I have no idea which lipstick I'm going to wear and with this base + eye look, but it can go with literally anything.



B A S E
I typically wear concealer in lieu of foundation these days, even though my skin is pretty awful at the moment. I reach for the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Cool Medium most days because it's fast, but I go for the Laura Mercier Secret Camoflouge when I feel the need for heavy duty concealing. If I want more coverage, I begin with either the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation or the Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer. The Tarte says full coverage, but it's really light and bendable and literally becomes one with your skin as the day goes on. The Hourglass is also light and gives my skin a healthy glow. Next I add some red on the cheeks with Topshop's Cheek Jelly in Reign or Benefit's Benetint. Both give the natural, flushed look I love and are quite buildable. I've been bringing back the bronzer recently because I realize I am very pale so I want to add dimension where I can, but I definitely don't go overboard and I just use my POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer. I'm also using a light dusting of theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer Highlight nearly every day AND IT IS SO PRETTY.

E Y E S
I hardly prime these days, partly because I'm running low on primer and partly because I just don't have time. I'm a huge fan of skin-like colors all over the lid and a warmer brown through the crease and I have the Lorac Pro 2, Urban Decay Naked Basics and original Naked palettes to get the job done. My fave is the Naked Palette with the shade Naked on the lid and Buck in the crease. I'm also loving either Virgin or Sin as the inner corner and brow highlights. I don't really do eyeliner at the moment, rather I pile on coats of either Maybelline's the Falsies or Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. Both are my favorite mascaras right now because they just give long, voluminous lashes.

L I P S
This is the fun part. I've been going for NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella on days when I want a bold red and the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Plum Russian when I want something darker. I'm also really into the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Mandarin Muse because it adds a major pop of orange. When I want something fun but subtle, I go for Rimmel Kate Moss in 109
because it's a pigmented peach that I can soften up. But on a daily basis, I reach for my Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry because it's easy, stays out and nourishes my lips.




No comments:

Post a Comment