Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscar-worthy nails


Hello! It's that wonderful time of the year again - Oscar night! Hollywood glamour comes out in full force one night each year to celebrate films. That being said, it's no surprise the fashion is always fierce.  For the past few years, I have taken to dressing up a bit, curling my hair and popping on some bold lippy to bring some of that red carpet style to my living room. This year, I thought I would take an extra step and bring some style to my nails. After studying the trends of this season's previous awards shows (Golden Globes, Grammys, etc.) and drooling over Rachel Zoe's fitting room Instagram pics, metallics and sparkle are obviously key players for tonight's award show. Keeping that in mind, I selected two polishes to translate the look onto my nails.



I began by applying two coats of OPI's Don't Pretzel My Buttons, but any nude will work. Then, I applied Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow on top. I have been itching to get my hands on this for a couple years, but I couldn't justify the nearly $20 price tag on it. Thankfully, my friend Amanda gave it to me for Christmas! This polish is so perfect because it is mostly clear, but it does have tiny specs of gold glitter that work to give the polish a subtle gold metallic appearance. Coupled with the larger varied sizes of gold glitter, it is literally perfect for the style I was going for. I have another polish from Claire's that also has gold, silver and rose gold glitter with a clear polish and that also works well, but I really wanted the metallic effect Deborah Lippman gives me.

So while you're watching the pre-show for the Oscar red carpet, why not do your nails and be a step ahead of the game? Or go to school/work this week having nails everyone will envy. These nails are so easy to wear that they work all year. This is literally the easiest way to sport the biggest trend on this year's red carpet at an affordable price that will surely make a statement.


Cheers!

- S.

No comments:

Post a Comment