Monday, October 20, 2014

Sabrina's October Ipsy Bag | 2014

Hello, October! There are only 65 days until Christmas, can you believe it?? I get excited with each new bag because I'm just waiting to see what cute things Ipsy do for the holidays. That aside, this month's bag is so cool! I love the texture and the pattern is very chic and simple. I'm also obsessed with the color. It will def. be easy to locate inside my handbag! Let's get straigt to the products now, shall we?




ECRU New York Acacia Protein BB Cream Beauty Balm for Hair
Maybe it's the fact that my hair is damaged beyond repair (ombré, ugh), but I must admit I'm not wowed by this product. Sure it's a nice addition to my semi non-existent styling routine, making my hair slightly more manageable and shiny, but it's not the greatest thing I've ever used. I like it best left overnight in damp hair twisted and wrapped up in a top knot. When I released my hair the next day, it held a well-defined curl and wasn't frizzy or all over the place. When it faced a windy day of pumpkin patching, it didn't hold its softness or shine too well, but I don't blame the poor thing.

Ayres Patagonia Body Butter
I'm a sucker for the phrase "body butter" as it always means I get to walk away with smooth skin and this product is no exception. It's a thick consistency that requires a small amount and absorbs quickly. The scent is similar to that of a lotion you might find as a mini in a hotel bathroom. I have really enjoyed applying it before bed because of its thickness and I wake up with THE softest hands ever.

City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cappucino
Finally - a brown(ish) lip shade! In case you're totally unaware, the 90s are back, especially these mocha-hued lipsticks. This is definitely a nudey-brown on me, but for someone with lighter natural lips, I'm sure the brown is more potent. This is a matte in the truest form, so some lip prep in the form of a scrub and lip balm application are absolutely necessary, but totally doable. The only problem I have with this is that it has cheap plastic packaging. I can already see me chucking this in my handbag because I'm so obsessed with it and then crying when I find that the lid has cracked and slipped off, forever lost to the bottom contents of my bag.

Skone Cosmetics TATTOOED Waterproof Eyeliner
I've been dying to try a pen-like waterproof eyeliner (think Stila Stay All Day) for everrrr so I had high hopes for this one. The first time I used it, it was so light and not easy to work with at all. It's been getting darker and easier to use every day, but I'm still not impressed at how much more grey than black the line comes out. Also, it says waterproof but it didn't even make it through a three-hour nap so def. not waterproof. My L'Oréal Lineur Intense Carbon Black liquid eyeliner is still the best.

Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths
There's not much to say about cleansing cloths from me. They're bad for your skin and shouln't really be used in lieu of proper face washing, but I understand they're handy in a pinch. I save these for traveling to either use on my face, ususally to remove moisturizer, or if I'm applying makeup on the go and need to wipe my hands. My skin is sensitive so I am very careful about which wipes actually make it on my face. Bit of a useless item in this month's bag, but I might just keep them around in the event I ever need one.

What did you all get in your bags? Leave links below and we will check out your blog!

Cheers,

- S


SWATCHED! L to r: Skone Cosmetics TATTOOED Waterproof Eyeliner and City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cappucino


No comments:

Post a Comment