Friday, October 10, 2014

Sabrina's September Ipsy Glam Bag | 2014


It's Ipsy time! When I saw this month's preview online, I was so excited to finally receive a brush a deep red nail polish! I have to say this time Ipsy really gave me what I've been waiting for I mean, the bag alone is so cool and such a good size. 


NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in 39 Velvet
I already own a few baked NYX eyeshadows and really love them so I was pretty disappointed to see that this particular shade wasn't pigmented. I had to use a primer to get the maximum colour out of this and even then I hardly got anything. It is more of an orangey/bronze shade than a brown. I did however just finish watching EssieButton's Burberry SS15 show vlog where she discussed the makeup used on the runway and the shade this produced was very similar to the one Burberry used. I applied it all over the lid and wore it with a red lip and really liked the overall effect. Because the colour is so subtle, it's perfect for achieving a more natural look that defines the eyes without really attracting too much attention, but as far as NYX shadows go, this one isn't the best I've seen.

Crown Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush
YASSSS finally a brush!!! C also received one in her bag and we both did a happy dance and freaked out when we realized we were getting TWO brushes in one. This brush is very similar to the ones found in the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 3 palettes, but the smaller brush is more dense and perfect for blending out eyeliner and packing it onto the lid. The larger brush is great for all over the lid and the crease. It's so soft and really good quality! I'm definitely going to look into this brand for new brushes.

Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish in Red Red Wine
One of my fave nail polishes of all time is Revlon's Vixen, a shade slightly darker than this. When I recently went to paint my nails with it, it came out really gloopy and bubbly and thick. It was awful and I was heartbroken. Then I saw this shade and I literally applied it the first second I could. I painted three layers to get that really deep and full coverage look I wanted, but two was also really nice. This polish is a little more runny than I would like, but it isn't hard to work with at all. When I applied my Seche Vite top coat, it was love. I honestly can't stop staring at it and after a day at work, washing my hands and using heavy-duty soaps, it's still intact. Can't say enough about this! It's so perfect for autumn so I expect it'll be on my nails the majority of the season.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
I honestly wasn't expecting much with this because what can one conditioner do that another hasn't? I first applied this as a leave-in conditioner at the ends of my hair and left it overnight. The next morning, the ends were glossy and sleek rather than frizzy. I used it in the shower the next day and left it in about four minutes and my hair is SO soft! I haven't had that much ease brushing my hair in a really long time! I can't stop touching it!

Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in 09 Basic Instinct
I've been getting into the nudey pinks lately and this shade falls right in that range. It's a great balance of peachy and pink and for a girl who doesn't believe in nudes, this is as close to nude as I think I can possibly get. That being said, it isn't a total nude as it's still really pink. It applies really smoothly and isn't sticky at all. Definitely something you can throw in your bag and slick on in a flash.




Check out Cristina's Ipsy bag over on YouTube (video below)! Be sure to give it a thums up and subscribe! Leave links to your channels and blogs and we will deffo check them out!

Cheers!

- S


No comments:

Post a Comment