Monday, April 20, 2015

Review | Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette the Dolce Vita

I know, I know, she's a beaut and you're probs drooling over this photo so I'll just give you two a moment.



Still not ready? Okay one more sec.

Now that you've had some time to gather yourself, let me introduce you to the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette the Dolce Vita. I was staring at photos and watching tutorials of this number for months before I finally saved up the whopping $52 to make this purchase and let me tell ya- it was money well spent.


The Dolce Vita is comprised of one shimmer, two mattes and a glitter. The shimmer is a pinky champagne with gold running through. My favorite shade of the palette is the matte mahogany as it is SO complimentary to my brown eyes. The reddy-brown aspects just work wonders here and make for a really interesting shade. This is probably 50% of the reason I bought the palette. The other matte is a rich chocolate brown, but nothing too exciting. Its dark tone makes it suitable as a liner when I use a wet angled brush. Finally, the gold glitter is stunning and works best when applied by pressing a finger into the shade and then onto the lid.



The colors are immensely pigmented and really smooth so they're easy to blend. You can sheer them out nicely if you feel like you've put too much, or you can really build them up to create intensity. Charlotte literally thought of everything as they just glide on, almost like satin. I find they last quite a while with and you could easily slot these in with other shadows or use them on their own.

SWATCHED! From top to bottom: shimmery champagne, matte mahogany, matte brown and gold glitter.
I love using all the shades together because this is one palette that was really designed to have each shade compliment the others. I usually wear the shimmery champagne all over and bring it into my inner corners and along the bottom a bit. Next I get a healthy amount of the matte mahogany onto a pointed shadow brush and basically go crazy in my crease and on the outer third. I use the matte brown to line and if I feel like making the look extra special, I'll dab the gold glitter on as well. I lived in this look over the holidays, but I still wear it when I'm feeling extra special *birthday FOTD post featuring this eye look coming at you in one week

How do you feel about the palette? Lusting after it? Already own and can't stop staring? Let me know in the comments below! Xx Sab.



No comments:

Post a Comment