Wednesday, April 1, 2015

VoxBox Review | Dessange Paris Olea Miracle Collection: Shampoo, Conditioner and Oil

Every time I qualify to receive a VoxBox from Influenster, I get excited for a bunch of free mascaras and snacks and every time I'm slightly disappointed to find that I've received something for my hair or skin. Last time, I was pleasantly surprised so I remained positive for this one. Influenster sent me a shampoo, conditioner and hair oil from the French salon brand DESSANGE and I received the products complimentary to test and review. For those of you who don't know what Influenster is, you sign up online (I'll leave a link below) and answer a few questions, write some reviews and try to earn a badge. I have the beauty badge so the products I am offered tend to be related to hair, makeup or skincare. You also link up your social media sites and are offered products based on how much influence you have. Once you qualify to receive items, they mail them out and you try them before reviewing the products on your blog, on YouTube and/or on a store's website. Anywayyyyyyyy review time!



After a little DIY ombré experiment (post here) and over a year of refusing to cut my hair, two if you count the fact that I cut my own hair last time, my hair is completely damaged. The ends are fried and that combined with the length make it an easy place for knots to tangle together. The cool thing about this range is definitely the oil. The shampoo and conditioner are fairly nice, but nothing extraordinary. The whole range includes argan, camillia and pracaxi oils and smells like it's from a salon and the scent stays put for days (not like I've tested that out by refusing to shower for three days heh..heh). For the shampoo, I can get by with a nickel-sized amount but the conditioner requires about four times that amount to actually detangle my hair. That's when the oil comes through. The directions say to apply 3-4 drops daily, but I just go for one right after my shower when my hair's still wet and one when it's dry and I'm styling it. The oil makes my hair soft, shiny and smooth but again, it's nothing most oils in the game won't do.

The products range in price from $9.99-$11.99 and can be bought from Target. Would I re-purchase? Definitely not the shampoo and conditioner as I can find way cheaper alternatives. I might give the oil another go the more I work with it. Maybe my hair is damaged beyond repair or maybe these products aren't that impressive? I'm not sure but thanks for the free stuff, Influenster! If you'd like to join or learn more about the site, here's my referral link: www.influenster.com/r/704478.


No comments:

Post a Comment