Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Freebies | Topshop Beauty #Playland

My roommate and I went to Regent St. in central London this past Sunday because Magnum, the ice cream company, was hosting an event all along the street. For those of you who don't know, Regent St. is one of London's main shopping streets, encompassing a variety of shops while bringing in locals and tourists alike. It intersects several other popular shopping streets like Carnaby and Oxford Street.



We made our way down the street and found ourselves at the Topshop Oxford flagship store. Topshop was transformed into a 'Playland' with loud music, bright colors and a giant claw in the window. This claw would pick up giant plastic spheres containing prizes that were then dropped into a dispenser and handed out to the winner. The claw was operated by tweeting @Topshop with #playland and another #playland___ with three digits that would appear on the screen between games. The first person to tweet all of this would play and have to respond #stop to Topshop to release the claw and hopefully get a prize. I know it seems complicated, but it was quite easy and fun. ANYWAY, after about five tries I managed to beat everyone out and play, winning a bunch of beauty stuff I wouldn't normally buy so I've had the chance to play with/test them out for a few days. The total value was just under £50 so yay for me! Below are some mini reviews and swatches.


In pan, this basically looks like NARS Orgasm as it's a peachy pink with gold shimmer running through. I think it's a bit more brown than Orgasm and it definitely applies quite opaque but is easily blended out. Not a fave but a color I don't have in my collection yet.

This is right up my street as I like the non-powder cheek products, especially for blushes. It's a very cool gel-like texture and the shade is like a pink cherry red. It is quite natural and applies sheer but is definitely buildable. It can also be used on the lips and this is one I might just use for either lips or cheeks.

For some reason I was given two of these lipsticks and I really wish I had received two different shades but I guess someone gets the extra! It's a creamy finish, which is weird and slippy as I prefer mattes, but this one seems to stay put pretty well. The color itself is amazing as it's a reddish brown but also rusty burnt orange so very appropriate for fall. I think it also looks nice with bronze or gold eyes so it def. works for summer too.

This is SUCH a nice bronze. It's so pigmented and I think it has the perfect amount of shimmer. When it catches the sun, it becomes more gold than bronze and it's beautiful. I'm literally obsessed.

I was super excited to see a brow kit in the stash as I literally own zero brow products (is that weird?) because tampering with my eyebrows terrifies me. This duo comes with a powder (the lighter shade) and a wax (dark) and is definitely meant to be for blone/lighter hair. I'm thinking about dying my hair blonde later this year, so I'm going to hold on to it. I did also try it and it seems easy enough to use. The palette comes with a mirror, the powder/wax, a mini spooly, mini tweezers and a mini dual ended brush so you literally need nothing else.

I haven't tried these yet, but they look promising. I've heard good things about the Topshop nail polish range so I'm excited. Plus, my collection was missing an orange and this periwinkle is very spring/summer so I can't complain.

SWATCHED! Top to bottom: Metallic Cream Blush in Aorta, Cheek Jelly in Reign, Lips in Persuasion, Mono Eyeshadow in Galaxy, Brow Palette (powder) in Fetch.
I think the #Playland promotion might have ended, but if you're in the London area and want to give it a try, I suggest going! It was really cool to see that type of marketing fusing contests/prizes and social media. Also, who doesn't love free makeup? I'll be back next week with a top summer lip product post! Xx Sab.



No comments:

Post a Comment