Monday, June 1, 2015

Review | Empties #1


I've been hoarding empties for months now and I wanted to do a few mini reviews on all of these products because I love reading about things people actually manage to finish. While I'm very into makeup (obvs), I am also very practical and don't like to keep too many products at once so writing an empties post helped motivate me to get through as much as possible.



LOVE THIS STUFF. There's a reason this is so hyped about on the blog scene. The coverage is medium-full and the consistency is so nice for blending and easy to layer. It's creamy without being too creamy so it's great for blemishes and discoloration/redness. It is a bit too creamy for under the eyes though. This is the second one I've used up since I bought it at the end of 2013 and I'm pretty close to finishing up a third. I use this in lieu of foundation as it gives such good coverage and it can blend easily. The best concealer I've ever owned.

More is more with this one as it doesn't really do much when used lightly. I had trouble understanding it at first, but this is my second empty container and it's really great for under the eyes. It's definitely more of a highlighter than concealer though, so don't think those dark circles are going anywhere. It's very light and buildable in consistency and until I find something to get rid of those dark circles forever, this is a good alternative.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
This thing is loaded with shimmer so if applied on blemishes, it will emphasize them and make the situation worse. I mainly used it under the eyes and while the coverage wasn't remarkable, it worked pretty well at removing some darkness and brightening the area. Definitely wouldn't repurchase though.



Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
The applicator is small enough to get all the lower lashes and the formula doesn't budge. This must have been my fifth tube and I'm so obsessed so I will definitely repurchase. Plus, it lasts a few months even though it's so small.

Calvin Klein CK One Mascara
I received this from Ulta as a free birthday gift and was less than impressed. The brush is meant to twist to get longer and shorter, which is supposed to give different effects to the lashes, but mine stopped twisting. I hoped it would get better with age, but it was a really clumpy and flaky formula that always got into my eyes and I'd spend hours fiddling with it. It never got better with this mascara, it only got worse.

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara
I love this mascara!! My lashes are so voluminous and soft! i like to touch my lashes when wearing this and often forget I'm even wearing mascara. I feel like this is one I'll always have in my collection as it can give big, bold lashes, but it is also quite natural.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
This is a sample and I loved it at first, but then towards the middle and end it started getting annoying and wasn't doing anything for my lashes. Cristina loves it though, so if you have a sample, I think it's good to give it a try.


Revlon ColorStay Foundation Combination/Oily Skin
I think this is the third bottle of this foundation I've owned and it gets better each time. There are two formulas: combination/oily and dry skin so I've tried both and they kind of give the same effects. Both look like I'm wearing foundation and cling to dry patches, but they're quite matte so I never feel shiny. I did however start using a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply and that definitely helped blend the foundation and make it look like actual skin. Now that I know makeup sponges work best, I would probably repurchase if I needed a drugstore foundation and didn't feel like blindly trying another.

Idk how many of these I've gone through, but they're pretty good. They definitely instantly matiffy and never look cakey, but the longevity isn't the best. There's also a point after you hit pan where you just wait for it to crack and then have to work around that, or maybe you can be lucky like me and it won't happen until it's nearly finished. I'm tempted to try a few of the other drugstore powders out there, but I'm currently working on finishing two so I'll just wait. This one is good and reliable, I just wish the packaging was more sturdy.

I'm working on dedicating a full review to this one so I'll just give you the highlights: hated it for six months, then randomly started to love it the last six months. It definitely lies about being full coverage and I feel like it isn't even buildable, which really annoyed me as my skin was desperate for full coverage. Then my skin got better and I started to really appreciate lighter foundations because they were more skin-like and didn't cover things like my freckles. I really like it now and I'm sad that it's empty, but I think the color match was so good that I will most likely repurchase soon.


CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM with SPF 30 
I'm a sunscreen fanatic and I read 30 or 35 SPF is the max amount that will actually do anything for you so I was psyched when I found this one at Target. Most sunscreens make me break out and I know CeraVe is a gentle skincare brand so I was pretty confident I would be okay and I have been. I'm about to finish my third bottle so this is one of my faves. It's quite light but does take a few minutes to sink into the skin. It can also be oily if not worked in properly, but those usually aren't issues for me.

NUXE Reve de Miel
This gem lasted me seven months and was literal perfection. It's a thick balm so it's best to wear overnight. It has exfoliating particles and just fixed my lips so much. I haven't repurchased and my lips are seriously dying as a result, so I'm placing one in a basket right now.

L'Oreal Magic De-Crease Eyelid Primer
I'm so surprised by how well this works. I used a sample of the Urban Decay Primer Potion and I feel like they are very similar. Also, this lasted me around six months. It definitely helped with the creasing and made my eye shadows last so much longer. The quality is really good and once I've finished testing out more of the Primer Potion, I'll report back. 

Benefit Benetint
LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It's not totally empty here, but it will be in a couple weeks and I already have a deluxe and full-size sample ready to replace it. This is a mini and it's lasted me over a year. I am wearing it nearly every day now and have been for the past couple months, but I would use it quite a lot before so I think it's good. A little goes a long way and it gives you the most natural rosy flush on the cheeks. Definitely my favorite cheek product ever.

Let me know if you've tried any of these and what you think of them! Also, leave links to your empties posts and vids below! Xx Sab.

No comments:

Post a Comment